Close

The Rise in Ransomware Attacks and How to Keep Safe

Cybersecurity experts estimate that there is a ransomware attack every 11 seconds. This makes it a challenge to individuals, businesses and even governments. In ransomware attacks, cybercriminals encrypt a victim’s network or data, making it inaccessible until a ransom is paid. Despite organizations’ efforts to reduce the attacks, cybercriminals also are advancing their attack methods. […]

Read More

Banning Masks, Banning Russian Oil, Making Lynching a Federal Hate Crime and Saving Sunshine

Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022 (HR 2471) – This legislation will fund the federal government through September 2022, but also includes a plethora of other bills folded within for the purpose of quick passage by both the House and Senate. Among them is the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act and the allocation of $13.6 […]

Read More

How Soon and Fast Will the Fed Raise Rates?

There’s much uncertainty surrounding if, how and when the Federal Reserve will raise its rates, end its bond and mortgage-backed security purchases, and wind down its balance sheet. For the March 16 Fed Meeting, the CME FedWatch Tool has a 47.9 percent probability of a 25 to 50 basis point increase, and a 52.1 percent […]

Read More

How to Manage Your Aging Parents’ Finances

Taking over your aging parents’ finances is not easy. But it’s something that can be handled in an organized, compassionate way. Here’s a roadmap that shows how to embrace it and do the right things for everyone involved. Start the conversation early. Right now, your parents might not need any help. They might be handling […]

Read More

What Does the Metaverse Mean for Businesses

Metaverse has become a buzzword with much debate on its potential implications once it is fully realized. As far as businesses are concerned, the metaverse presents new opportunities and challenges, especially for marketing, branding and communication professionals. Understanding Metaverse Metaverse became a hot topic thanks to Facebook announcing its rebrand to Meta in October 2021. […]

Read More